We had a busy week in Pre-K 2 this week. We started a new theme: Where We Live. We talked about the different kinds of homes people live in. The children also shared what kinds of homes they live in; an apartment, a house, etc. We talked more about hibernation and what animals do in the winter. We also discussed the types of homes animals live in. In Math, they played a geometry matching game, where they had to turn over a card on the left paper and then turn over a card on the right paper and see if they had matching shapes. If they did, they took those cards, if not, they turned them back over and their partner took a turn. The other math game we played was, Is It or Not, where they were shown different shapes and some were the correct shape and some were distorted, and missing parts of the lines. They had to tell whether it was a true triangle, rectangle and square. Here is what is happening coming up:
- Please Save the Date: Thursday, December 13 at 9am. They will be performing their program in the Blue Room, located in the lower level of the school. Please come to support your child as they have been working really hard on putting together our Holiday Program for all of you!
- Dismissal will be at 11am on Friday, December 21.
- The next project will be about the next theme that we will start after the holiday break. I will give out more information when we come back from vacation about what this project involves.
- Students are getting in the habit of taking off their jackets, and placing them in the big clear bags along with their backpacks. If they have lunch boxes, they can place them in the top part of their cubby. Please have them sign their name and move their name stick before going to wash their hands. Please allow them to do this as we are building independence.
- Enjoy the rest of the weekend!
See you tomorrow!