May 3, 2019
Welcome to the world of excitement! Many changes are beginning to take place in our classroom these days in preparation for Kindergarten and beyond, so sit tight and enjoy the ride!
- We have been working with Farmer Dan and Farmer Angus in our school garden. First we learned about worms—whoohoo! Next we planted beans, and on Monday we planted lettuce from seedlings. We learned to “tickle” the roots before planting them. This gave them some space.
- We started talking about life cycles (which we will explore in depth next week). Live caterpillars arrived in our room on Thursday which has been the talk of the town these days.
- Our final project for this school year will be due next Friday. Letters went home today (Friday) to inform parents of this.
- Please be reminded that all daily charts are to be in school everyday unless there is no school. Folders return EMPTY on Mondays.
- Our program runs from 8:00 AM to 2:30 PM. Please have your child in school by 8:00 AM, and picked up at 2:30 PM.Once my door is closed, your child will be marked late.
- We have been working on simple addition using finger work problems. Keep working on this at home.
- On Monday our sign-in procedure will change. Your child will no longer be signing in in the hallway but in the classroom. They will be using regular paper and a pencil. If your child still does not know how to write their name, please help them at home. There will be no more props to help them.
- Your children have grown and the clothes in their plastic box does not fit anymore. Please rectify this situation because sometimes we still have accidents or spills.
- The Spring Picture Day will be on Friday. This is a fundraiser.
Have a great weekend and Happy Cinco De Mayo on Sunday!