April 7, 2019
Happy Spring! Take the time to enjoy today. Here is what’s happening in our classroom this week.
- Tomorrow begins an exciting adventure in the garden in keeping with our theme of PLANTS. Someone from Peas and Bees will be visiting with us to work in the school garden. How fun is that! Bugs and all.
- We have done some of our own planting in the classroom using a Root View. The plan is to be able to watch as the roots form and then watch the parts of a plant as they materialize.
- Thank you to those of you who have already sent off your school surveys. Many of you still have not yet sent yours in. I encourage you to have that done by tomorrow.
- Book order forms are due on or before Friday (4/12/19). Remember you don’t need to use your credit card (taxed), you may also use a check made payable to Scholastic Book Club.
- Lending Library books are due back on or before Tuesday, April 9, 2019, in order to borrow another book.
- Just giving a heads-up about some changes that will be occurring in our room around the middle of May as we transition to Kindergarten. More information on these changes will be sent at a later date. Be expecting Lobby drop-off everyday, not just during inclement weather. The sign-in process for the students will be changed to using a pencil and signing-in in the classroom. If your child still does not know how to write his/her name, please practice with them at home. Nap time will be minimized greatly. This is only a heads-up. I will keep you informed regarding the exact date of these changes.
Enjoy today and I’ll see you tomorrow!