February 2, 2019
Welcome February! I hope you have been keeping warm during these sub-zero temperatures, at least trying to. It’s been quite the rollercoaster ride where the weather is concerned, and now they are saying near 60 on Tuesday! Go figure. There are a few items on the menu for the upcoming week, some more important than others. Here goes…
- Please keep in mind and in your prayers the family of Ella Dickey, one of our Kindergarten students, whose father passed away suddenly this week. Keep checking your emails for further information.
- Don’t forget Lending Library is on Tuesdays. In order to receive a new book, your child must return the one borrowed.
- We had wanted to culminate our transportation unit with a walking trip to the subway station this past week. Well, the weather did not permit us to do so. I am planning to do this on Tuesday during our recess time before lunch. I will need one or two parents to walk with us. Please be reminded that siblings are not permitted on class trips. If you are available to accompany us, please let me know on Monday.
- We will start a new theme on Monday morning. The new theme is LIGHT. You will have an assignment going home on Monday that is due on Tuesday but no later than Thursday (something similar to what you might call homework, but we call family involvement).
- We will be reading a book titled: Round Trip by Ann Jonas. The illustrator used only the colors black and white in this story. Students will be given a sheet of black and white paper. Your job is to work with your child to create a picture of something fun that happened in your child’s life. Examples are: birthday, special trip, special visit from a special person, special person etc. Be creative! You can use the black or white paper as your background, that is your choice. This will go home on Monday. Your child will talk about his/her picture as part of the lesson on Friday.
- Please be reminded that our school will be closed for the week of February 18-22, 2019 for mid-winter recess. If you plan to be away before that date, please remember to take your child’s sheet and blanket home for washing.
Have a great weekend and see you on Monday morning. Be warm!