November 11, 2018
Here we are almost at Thanksgiving. Before you know it, Christmas will be here! We are busy working on a special project for Thanksgiving. We plan to wear it during our Feast. This week, we will be talking about the first Thanksgiving. Here are the happenings for this busy week.
- The students have been doing a great job at their first presentations. When they have all presented, I will display their picture outside in the hallway. We have been doing a few a day so they are not bored.
- Wednesday, November 14, 2018, will be Back-To-School Night. We will begin at 6:45 PM and go for an hour. Please come out and enjoy what it is like in our classroom. Let me know who is attending so we can prepare enough materials for the night.
- Our Thanksgiving Feast will take place on Friday, November 16, 2018 at lunchtime. I have already spoken with some of you who will prepare and bring food on this day. Please send your dish in a disposable container so we do not have to look for owners.This will be the lunch for the children so please have food in our classroom by 10:50 AM. If you are taking your child home with you after, please let me know so we can put their folders together early. Please take the time to see what has been donated so far and what is still needed. The list is outside the classroom. Let me know if anyone from your family will also be attending.
- Parent Teacher Conferences have been going well. Please remember to stick to your appointment time. When you arrive, just knock on my door so I know you are outside.
- Please also remember to check your child’s change of clothes box at school. You may be surprised when your child comes home in summer wear when it is cold, or clothes that don’t fit anymore. Please take the time to change these clothes. Thank you to those of you who have already done so. I have no extra clothes.
- Friday is Bingo Family Night at Astoria Lutheran. The fee is $25.00. If you are interested, please speak with Mrs. Louisa.
Enjoy the rest of the weekend and Happy Veterans’ Day!